Google Chrome Deployment from Jamf App Catalog

SKizale
New Contributor III

Hello,

Can anyone get Google Chrome to install from the Jamf App Catalog? I have three different Macs, and it doesn't work on any of them. I get the error "Unqualified for App Installer" on all three. I am deploying Microsoft Teams the same way, which works perfectly without any issues. 

I've tried many things and continue to get the same error. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SKizale
New Contributor III

I just wanted to write an update on this in case it might help someone else in the future. My issue affected Chrome, Zoom, and 1Password 8 deployments from Jamf App Catalog. I reached out to Jamf support, and after submitting many logs, they found and fixed the problem. I can now deploy these three apps from the Jamf App Catalog. 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Seems okay here. One computer old log shows under Management History:

InstallEnterpriseApplication - Google Chrome - 108.0.5359.124.

I use a combo of Jamf App Catalog and Patch Management for Chrome. Maybe try removing Chrome and re-adding it.

SKizale
New Contributor III

This is strange. I have tried deleting it multiple times, and I still get the error "Unqualified for App Installer" on every machine I deploy it to. Zoom is doing the same thing. 

scottb
Honored Contributor

To what @obi-k stated, I've had a couple that I setup and later they stopped working...deleted them and created new and they work.

I think there's some bugs in there which is not surprising as it's a new feature.  Aside from that, they've been working pretty well so far.

SKizale
New Contributor III

I have tried deleting it multiple times, and I still get the error "Unqualified for App Installer" on every machine I deploy it to. Zoom is doing the same thing, yet, I have a handful of other apps that deploy fine this way. 

Hi Rachel,

Thanks for the alternative approach. I tried this, and it works fine; however, it doesn't solve my problem deploying Chrome and now Zoom from the Jamf App Catalog. I emailed Jamf support today, so hopefully, they can help me get to the bottom of the issue. If not, I'll probably go this route. 

Thanks again!

Steve

SKizale
New Contributor III

I just wanted to write an update on this in case it might help someone else in the future. My issue affected Chrome, Zoom, and 1Password 8 deployments from Jamf App Catalog. I reached out to Jamf support, and after submitting many logs, they found and fixed the problem. I can now deploy these three apps from the Jamf App Catalog. 

russell_buxcey
New Contributor

Do you know what the fix was in the end for this? I am now seeing this on some new Ventura Macs we've had come in. Not just with Chrome but with other apps as well.

@russell_buxceyI submitted a support ticket to Jamf (https://support.jamf.com/), and after submitting many server logs, they found and fixed the problem. I'm unsure what they actually did, but my Chrome, Zoom, and 1Pass 8 deployments work great now.