Google Chrome Proxy Popups

kylefour
New Contributor

We are having an issue with Chrome and our proxy on our Mac clients.

When trying to access a website, it will popup once for proxy credentials, but once closing and opening Chrome again, it continues to ask for proxy credentials again.

It does not do this for Safari, it is almost like it is not reading the internet password from keychain that has been set. This is using auto proxy discovery in network settings.

Does anyone have any solution or experience with this?

5 REPLIES 5

charter
New Contributor III

I've had the same issue in the past with proxy and chrome pop ups for credentials. are you pushing proxy settings through Casper or not? what i found that worked for me was i enforced the use of proxy through casper as a profile (with the LDAP credentials put in by the user) it will then enforce it. mind you i would put the true proxy settings in that profile i.e server address let me know how you go with it.

kylefour
New Contributor

Edit: Just tried using the direct proxy server addresses but makes no difference for chrome still..

Well i have a profile that pushes down auto-proxy config, we were using WPAD settings before but i took it off because auto-proxy was easier.

Problem is, if we put in server addresses directly, wouldn't it mess with a users connection say on a home network?

Will have a play around with the settings though, it looks like it is related to that.

Cheers

charter
New Contributor III

Proxies are annoying what sort of environment are you running? Proxies even on windows is a nightmare. Yes putting in the proxy address will mess with the home network connection. have you tried the obvious one clear the key chain of the user name and the password related to those LDAP credentials? i use to have the same problem with proxy until we changed over to transparent proxy (pretty much a proxy that will grab the certificate and the details you use to get onto wireless. ) it is easier to manage for devices that go off site. besides the point though, i use to find that removing that key chain things were a lot smother provide that when the user is prompted by chrome, when the keychain message box appears that they select "always allow" proxies there is a ton of things that can be a factor

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@kyle302 Does Safari not prompt at all, or just once per login?

If the former, it'll probably be Kerberos authentication that's working in Safari. In Chrome you'll need to whitelist you domain or proxies URL for SSO.

Also, if setting a proxy on clients. Use a DNS name that only resolves internally. No messing then with home users.

jconte
Contributor II

I am assuming that you have already resolved this, but if not here is how I am handling:

!/bin/bash

bin="/usr/bin/sudo"
logpath="/Library/MyCompany/Logs/GoogleAuthFix.log"
cmd1="com.google.Chrome.plist AuthNegotiateDelegateWhitelist .mycompany.com"
cmd2="com.google.Chrome.plist AuthServerWhitelist
.mycompany.com"

Script Start

/usr/bin/sudo -u $3 defaults write $cmd1 >> $logpath
/usr/bin/sudo -u $3 defaults write $cmd2 >> $logpath

killall cfprefsd