Google Earth Pro version issue

c_archibald
Contributor II

So I just noticed this of recent, but the current version 7.3.3.7721, and it shows up in JAMF as 7.3. I can't accurately update if it only shows the 1st 2 digits. Anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

jaredgrieve
New Contributor II

Wonder if its grabbing the CFBundleShortVersionString instead of the CFBundleVersion... no idea why it would be one or the other unless defined in an EA that way but I assume you mean simply how JAMF detects it in the device applications inventory.

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>7.3</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>7.3.3.7721</string>

Side question. How did you install it? When I try uploading the DMG and choosing install in a policy it fails, when running a policy with the InstallPKGfromDMG.sh script it fails there as well. Going to try making a Composer installer tomorrow maybe, haven't had this issue with other PKGs in DMGs.

c_archibald
Contributor II

I use the PKG inside of the DMGs like GEP. Otherwise I use Composer to make a PKG for any DMG that is a drag-drop-install, like web browsers. I get the LEAST headache with the Microsoft PKGs. As for "installPKGfromDMG.sh" are you using the original 2011 or "Modified by Blake Suggett on October 24, 2018" version?

c_archibald
Contributor II

New version came out. Same issue. Shows get info as 7.3.3.7786, but under JAMF 7.3.