Has any one upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.13.1?

SCCM
Contributor III

Has any one upgraded to Jamf Pro 10.13.1? and if so did they run into any issues?

8 REPLIES 8

rhoward
Contributor

We did the update yesterday and we've had no issues so far. Just make a backup and if anything goes poorly then restore from that. We're going to do the 10.15.1 update in a few weeks when we have some expected downtime scheduled.

john-hsu
New Contributor III

We updated on Monday. No issues so far. Wish we could have updated to 10.15.1, but we need to get compliant with Java 11 first.

EHoug
New Contributor II

Updated yesterday, no issues as yet!

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Regarding the Java 11 issue, how are folks handling this? Generally, provided an application is bundled with Java, it's the application vendor's responsibility to manage licensing. I'm guessing this doesn't apply to Jamf?

tnielsen
Valued Contributor

What operating system is your JAMF PRO server hosted on?

Mine is on Linux and we did have a problem but it has since been remedied. I created a post about the issues about a month or two ago. (I think, time flies)

tanderson
Contributor

@jtrant We just upgraded to 10.15.1 yesterday and used Amazon Corretto for Java.

jtrant
Valued Contributor

I didn't even think of third-party JDK as an alternative to Oracle. This makes sense since we can use whatever we want.

vaksai
New Contributor II

We upgraded to 10.13.1 last week as a hotfix, one issue we noticed was that Amazon Corretto OpenJDK 8 couldn't run the server-tools-gui.jar after the upgrade.
Installed 10.15.1 the other day but now we have trouble with the database backups...