Help with Jamf Reset.

efrain86
New Contributor

Hi all, I’ve recently set up and introduced Jamf Setup and Jamf Reset for use on our shared devices. I currently have Jamf reset set to a soft reset which should log the user out and end SSO session thus logging users out of any pages they signed into. However this doesn’t seem to work, the user is logged out of the JAMF Setup session but remains logged into any apps they signed in on specifically Google applications. I’ve attempted to have these apps uninstall and the reinstall when the user logs out and have also selected the option to prevent chrome saving data but as soon as the app is reinstalled the account is there again. Any ideas what I can do other than hard reset after each user? TIA

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II
  1. Try clearing the browser cache and cookies: This may resolve the issue if the browser is saving the user's session data. To clear cache and cookies in Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, go to More tools > Clear browsing data, and select "Cached images and files" and "Cookies and other site data".

2. Use a browser extension or profile management tool: Some browser extensions and profile management tools can automatically log the user out of their Google accounts and clear the browser data. You can research these options and see if any are compatible with your setup.

3. Modify the browser settings: You can modify the browser settings to prevent the browser from saving user data and auto-filling login information. To do this in Google Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings > Cookies and site data, and turn off the "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" option.

4. Use a browser kiosk mode: You can use a browser kiosk mode, which is a full-screen mode that limits the user's access to the browser. This can help prevent the user from accessing their Google account after the JAMF reset.

View solution in original post

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Unfortunately JAMF Reset is not reliable as it coupld be, and its not JAMFs fault. Apple has no standard method for provisioning SSO. So, each application developer is more or less up to their own devices on how to handle SSO. Google's method of SSO could simply just not respect whatever JAMF Reset is doing.

I have been poking around the internet a bit on your question and you are not the only one with this situation, and I am not seeing any solutions. Opening a ticket with JAMF Support to get their take may be a good idea. Honestly you probably need to sign the user out using the Google Admin Console if Google does not provide an API to sign users out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Jaykrishna1
Contributor II
  1. Try clearing the browser cache and cookies: This may resolve the issue if the browser is saving the user's session data. To clear cache and cookies in Google Chrome, click on the three dots in the upper-right corner, go to More tools > Clear browsing data, and select "Cached images and files" and "Cookies and other site data".

2. Use a browser extension or profile management tool: Some browser extensions and profile management tools can automatically log the user out of their Google accounts and clear the browser data. You can research these options and see if any are compatible with your setup.

3. Modify the browser settings: You can modify the browser settings to prevent the browser from saving user data and auto-filling login information. To do this in Google Chrome, go to Settings > Privacy and security > Site settings > Cookies and site data, and turn off the "Allow sites to save and read cookie data" option.

4. Use a browser kiosk mode: You can use a browser kiosk mode, which is a full-screen mode that limits the user's access to the browser. This can help prevent the user from accessing their Google account after the JAMF reset.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Unfortunately JAMF Reset is not reliable as it coupld be, and its not JAMFs fault. Apple has no standard method for provisioning SSO. So, each application developer is more or less up to their own devices on how to handle SSO. Google's method of SSO could simply just not respect whatever JAMF Reset is doing.

I have been poking around the internet a bit on your question and you are not the only one with this situation, and I am not seeing any solutions. Opening a ticket with JAMF Support to get their take may be a good idea. Honestly you probably need to sign the user out using the Google Admin Console if Google does not provide an API to sign users out.