High Quality Casper Wallpaper

Not applicable

Hello JAMF Nation!

Would someone be able to link me/upload a high quality Caper wallpaper (dark blue preferably)? I've been using a standard desktop background for my Netboot images and I would like to change that. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I normally create my own so I can drop in version numbers of Casper imaging, OS etc. Here's a layered png to get you started.a743e31630fc4caebafce75c01b731f7

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

If you are a trekkie...
16cb08043c0149e4ba994b32dc80875c

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I normally create my own so I can drop in version numbers of Casper imaging, OS etc. Here's a layered png to get you started.a743e31630fc4caebafce75c01b731f7

Not applicable

Thank you @jacob_salmela. Unfortunately, my supervisors wouldn't approve. Also, Go Hopkins!! I can never forget the background of our yearly photos. Do you work at HHS or the district offices? I never saw you around at HHS (or I'm just bad at paying attention).

Thank you @davidacland!! I'll make sure to credit you.

ToriAnneke
Contributor II

@jacob_salmela

Brilliant!! I love LCARS interfaces!! I really can't wait another 400 years for them to come true. I wonder what version the jss will be then? I use LCARS backgrounds for quite of few of my back-end machines

Here is one for a soon to become defunct MacPro running zfs I use for backups. I have GeekTool running (the blurred bits) that report back uptime, zfspool, df -h, and a few others.
So, it kinda has functionality. And I keep a terminal window open.. well, why not?

I get a lot of chuckles from other tech-heads in my organization when they see it. Must be StarWars Disney fans eh?

27a7e6dfdaaa481a850bf0e797a52a30

:)

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

@Abdiaziz I do work at HHS. Did you used to work here?

@pvader I love your GeekTool implementation. It's like a fully-functioning LCARS terminal from the 24th century.

Has anyone else made custom Casper wallpapers? I would love to see them.

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

03e7c96e9dce49f791bfb1df39c0164f
Not custom by me, but I like this one a lot, picked it up at my CCA a few years ago…
download high res

Not applicable

@jacob_salmela

Oh no, I graduated from HHS recently.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

All this pairs well with: http://www.mewho.com/system47/ ETA, newer version

I use this screensaver and people ALWAYS comment on how awesome it is. I use an old iMac in my workroom for a Netboot server so I have this screensaver run when the display goes idle.

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

It's even more fun to set that screensaver as the wallpaper for a more authentic 24th century feel.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

There's also a Dashboard widget (yes, I am also surprised they still exist) called Wallify that does that too.

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

I create a new background for use with Netboot for each OS. The techs can easily id what OS they've booted into. (So I tell myself.) The color gradients are based on colors from the logos in the lower right. I haven't won any awards for my work, yet. :)0c9b239a864a47ce81760fee2a2c585a

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

For funsies I updated the Casper Imaging logo on @jacob_salmela's great LCARS-themed background:

optional image ALT text

jacob_salmela
Contributor II

@emilykausalik You and your mad Photoshop skills. I love it. Thank you.

@jhalvorson I like the use of different colors to identify what you are booted into. Very nice.

brandonusher
Contributor II

@jhalvorson I like that idea! What size do you make the wallpaper to guarantee it looks good on netbooted computers?

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

@usher.br For each OS, look at the background pictures within /Library/Desktop Pictures. For Yosemite, they are 5932 × 3337 pixels.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

So just for reference, you may find this useful @usher.br:

optional image ALT text

brandonusher
Contributor II

@emilykausalik Thank you! Time to get using it :)

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

@usher.br no problem! I'd say that if you made a wallpaper that is at least 2880x1800 it should look okay on any typical device. At the very least we shoot for 1920x1200 (usually the resolution of a 24" external monitor) and that looks okay on most machines.

jtekippe
New Contributor II

4cc93dc1e7984b12aeee2a560c711a93
Some version of this one reminds me to keep it friendly!