High Sierra for File Sharing Distribution

hphan
New Contributor III

Our File Sharing Distribution are running on macOS 10.12.6. With Apple releases the patch for macOS 10.13.2 for the Meltdown and Spectre issues, we're thinking of upgrading our File Sharing Distribution servers to High Sierra. Anyone has the File Sharing Distribution on High Sierra? Documentation states AFP or SMB protocol so I don't think High Sierra is support yet.

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

cbdilger
New Contributor

You might want to check out this thread first. Finder crashes, other issues. There is a workaround (which I haven't tried yet)

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 - Finder issues when copying files in mounted shares

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I had a problem using jamf imaging with my 10.13.x DP, the block copies wouldn't complete. I opened a ticket with jamf, but ended up going back to 10.12.6.

Netboots also didn't work on 10.13.x. I've had to start wiping and reloading the servers I updated, looks like we may end up skipping 10.13.x as an upgrade option, and only put it on hardware that requires it.

stevevalle
Contributor III

Don't do it, simple as that!

I upgraded our DP's and NetBoot Servers to High Sierra and reverted them back the next day. NetBooting just didn't work and AFP sharing for my JSS didn't work anymore.

Sierra works just fine in our environment and I'll be sticking with that for now!