Home Directory Sizes: UI? Yes! API? Yes! Export? Um...no?

straffin
New Contributor III

We've just enabled Inventory gathering of Home Directory Sizes and, while I can see them in the Jamf Pro UI (with a bit of side-scrolling) and in the JSS API, I can't seem to find how to export this data in a report. When I choose Local User Accounts under Export Only in Display then Export the search results, the resulting CSV has no Home Directory Size information.

Am I missing something, or is that information only available via the UI and API?

6 REPLIES 6

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

I think the easiest way to do this is to create an EA for the home directory size and add EA that to your Inventory Display. Then when you search you can export that which should include the home directory folder size

We already had an EA for that information but were hoping to remove it and take advantage of the built-in capabilities rather than duplicating effort. Just found it weird that the built-in capability was so inaccessible.

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

As far as I know, you can only export and display what is available and visible in the Inventory Display. I didn't see home directory size an an option to be displayed in the Inventory Display

straffin
New Contributor III

User Directory Size is part of the Inventory Display, in the Local User Accounts section:

straffin_0-1647272181754.png

However, when choosing to export Local User Accounts in Advanced Search, only the account names are included. Seems like an oversight or opportunity for improvement...

junjishimazaki
Valued Contributor

I see what you are talking about. Sorry for the confusion, I don't mean that part of the inventory display. I meant in Settings-->Computer Management-->Inventory Display. I don't see that home directory as a display option. 

straffin
New Contributor III

In addition to the options available in "Settings > Computer Management > Inventory Display", there's an "Export Only" option in Display for an Advanced Search. Local User Accounts is listed there.

straffin_0-1647272851027.png