How do I change the text in Nudge?

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Using this json from  https://github.com/macadmins/nudge/blob/main/Schema/jamf/com.github.macadmins.Nudge.json  I am unable to get the mainHeader, subHeader and other elements customized with the text that I want. After I make a change in the configuration profile I see that the changes I made show up in /Library/Managed Preferences/com.github.macadmins.Nudge.plist but the Nudge app does not show these changes. What did work was changing the icon paths for light and dark modes. Does anyone have some tips on how to get this text to change? I have been quitting Nudge and relaunching it after each change I make. Nudge seems to be working well otherwise.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Make sure you have added the preference key _language to the same dictionary as your text changes. It is required. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Make sure you have added the preference key _language to the same dictionary as your text changes. It is required. 

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I'm impatient so I kept researching this right after I posted. I did find that solution. It's working very well now. Thanks for answering my post! As I work on this deployment of Nudge I'm sure I will have more questions.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@howie_isaacks I'm a person that believes in leveraging pre-existing work when trying to solve a problem, and I like to use a scripted configuration approach for Nudge, so I find @dan-snelson 's Nudge Post-install a great starting point for my Nudge deployments. You might want to take a look at it yourself.

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

Thanks! He always has great stuff! I have been reading his posts on using Swift Dialog. I inherited a really nice enrollment workflow from the person who previously held my position, but he left me with zero documentation about the Xcode project he used to build the app that serves as the UI for the enrollment process. It looks great, but will take me a while to figure out how to make changes to it. This is why I am exploring using Swift Dialog. DEPNotify would be a good alternative but it isn't getting updated. I have Nudge working the way I want it right now but I know I will be making changes to it as I get input from the rest of my team.

chobee
New Contributor II

Thank you! I was checking for typos, checking for trailing spaces, etc. Hahaha