How do I connect Jamf with Apple Business Manager?

forrest99
New Contributor III

I am trying to figure out (in detail) how to connect the two. Fortunately all of our computers are listed in ABM but I am not sure how to connect the two systems.

In ABM all computers and devices say No MDM Server and Edit MDM Server is grayed out. I can select All Devices and Edit MDM Server but the only option available is to Unassign from the current MDM.

Based on what I am seeing is the only option to unassign all computers and devices and then re-enroll them? If so what enrollment option is correct?

It is obvious I have not been down this path before so I would appreciate any guidance in connecting Jamf Pro and ABM and getting all existing computers properly configured.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
9 REPLIES 9

forrest99
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response. Alas, I hit the post button before I was able to get all the details added. For our new devices this will work, but given that we had Jamf Pro before we got ABM complicates matters.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

you have to do the Configurator dance.. and old Macs are not supported.. and they all need to be wiped.. 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/apple-business-manager/axm200a54d59/web

forrest99
New Contributor III

This overlooks the fact that these computers are already in Apple Business Manager.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

and your jamf server is in ABM.. ? 

forrest99
New Contributor III

Currently is says No MDM Server.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

then you need to add it using the info above..

forrest99
New Contributor III

I was reluctant to accept this as the solution at first but after extensive reading followed by trial and error, this is indeed the correct solution. Thank you.

danlaw777
Contributor III

This is a very long and drawn out process. We just went through it and it took the better part of 6 weeks to complete. I wont reiterate all the details about how to sign up, but once you're done with all of that and you add in your vendor ID codes, then you can go back to the vendor and ask them to do a mass import of all of your sales. we had 3 vendors and 2 were able to complete this which gave us the majority of our macs into ABM, and of course everything going forward. At 1 of my last employers, we used one of the same vendors that we use now, with a different rep, the 1st one said it was impossible to do a mass import, the 2nd one knew better. Don't take a "no we cant do that" as their first response....