How does the curtain screen work ?

fdeltesta
Contributor

Hello,

I've been wondering how the curtain screen, where it's written "Casper imaging is finishing install....".

Because it has been bugging me a lot lately.

I have a few policies that trigger events, and each of them trigger some package installs.
Since forever i've always been able to install those packages through the self service without the curtain screen.
But since about 2 or 3 month i've been randomly gettinh these whenever i try so install something, and then you just cannot use you computer while it's going on, and you always have to wait for the computer to restart by itself.

How does this work ? How can I prevent this ?
Cause i need my users to install packages on their own through the self service, and this must not happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

The command it is calling is jamfhelper if that helps you pin it down

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Do you use Jamf Imaging? Could the computer have an uncompleted Jamf Imaging session and somehow kicking off another policy re-launches it?

fdeltesta
Contributor

I'm not using jamf imaging, so i dont know why this is happening...

jtrant
Valued Contributor

That is strange. Is the user logged in as themselves or an admin account? Have you contacted Jamf support? This would probably be something they'd like to take a look at, along with a copy of /var/logs/jamf.log for reference.

fdeltesta
Contributor

I've tried with 2 different computer, one as admin et and one as user, and it happened on both of them.
And no, i haven't contacted the support yet since I though I was simply doing a bad use of Jamf, I'm kind of new at it.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

The command it is calling is jamfhelper if that helps you pin it down

fdeltesta
Contributor

Ohmygod, thanks @blackholemac, i was indeed calling jamfhelper in my event trigger script. I put that line in comment, and now the curtain screen is not appearing anymore.

Thanks for the insight !