How to Enable Screen Sharing & Remote Login

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

Hello JAMF Nation,

I am trying to remote into our machines using JAMF Remote but I get the errors. I am also a noob JAMF Admin and was wondering how the JAMF Nation was doing the following:

Enabling: Screen Sharing: Only these users: DOMAIN ADMINS - Computer settings: VNC viewers may control screen with password: $apassword

AND

Remote Login: Allow access for: Only these users: DOMAIN ADMINS

This would be extremely beneficial for Remote Controlling these machines that I am unable to do at the moment.

I am currently playing with the script JAMF has in the Scripts section of the forums but it's not working properly even after setting the correct variables.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

I was able to scrap together something and adding different switches to the script supplied by @jared_f to achieve what I was looking for.

Enable remote management (full control) in Mojave??

Regards.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@CorpIT_eB for what OS?

tdclark
Contributor

Not trying to be non-helpful, but if you're a "noob Jamf Admin" maybe you should start with the admin guide. There might be some helpful information in there. Your description of what you're attempting to do leaves a lot of variables that can't be answered with a Go here do this type of answer. There is a ton of information here on Jamf Nation. Do some searching and use the Googlematron.

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

@tdclark That's ok man there is always one person that will drop this obvious comment in all the forums I apologize that you are the guy. I have gone through the manuals and apart from sharing that SSH is manually enabled it does not however tell you that it does not enable screen sharing.

On top of that I am adding variables that are not going to be in any guide that I have read. I don't shy from the guides in fact I read most of the things out there and try a-lot of the previously added related questions and possible solutions prior to engaging JAMF NATION for a question. So when I post something it's because I am fishing for ideas that have not been previously noted anywhere.

Thanks.

@JustDeWon My test machine at the moment is on the latests 10.14.4

CorpIT_eB
Contributor II

I was able to scrap together something and adding different switches to the script supplied by @jared_f to achieve what I was looking for.

Enable remote management (full control) in Mojave??

Regards.