How to see the number of Jamf licenses consumed and remaining?

aswain
New Contributor II

Hi

I can't seem to find how to see the number of JAMF device licenses consumed and remaining?
I'd like to add that to my dashboard. There is an explanation of managing other software licensing but can't find anything for JAMF??

Sorry if this is a noob question.

cheers,
Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kerouak
Valued Contributor

80bd95e9a41b4e358ec50214eb6da110
6f8efc314bba40beb608994044544090
Gear Icon, then go to JSS Summary as per Image81f44309f45e49889bb690c0d6e34d62

Just leave heckboxes as is, then click 'create' button.

Yuo will see: 'Managed Computers which is the number enrolled, then scroll down to 'Activation Code, there is a 'managed computers licenced for' field.

compare and there you go!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dmohs
Contributor

JAMF shows the quantity of manage and unmanaged devices in the dashboard. However, JAMF does not strictly enforce a limitation on the number of devices enrolled beyond your license.

A customer can enroll 10% more devices than licensed, as a guideline. In the months prior to annual JAMF renewal, a "true-up" process audits current utilization and adjusts the price of next year's license accordingly.

For more information, see the Support and Maintenance Services FAQ.

aalberty
New Contributor III

I'm not sure where to find the number of remaining licenses (I imagine total number of licenses could be found on the billing information if you happen to have access to that, and then some subtraction to find the remainder?), but in order to find the number of managed computers, click the Jamf icon in the upper left, and then on the home page, on the upper left, there is a "Managed Computers" spot.

thejenbot
Contributor III

You could also do an advanced search with the criteria "managed"; operator "is" > value "managed." Wouldn't tell you how many are left, you'd need to know how many licenses you have and subtract.

dmohs
Contributor

License information is available via the JAMF web interface.
1. Within the web interface, click the gearbox in the top-right corner.
2. Clicking "Activation Code" will display your license information.

a7ad3e11908446c5a2fb3097605edf53

aalberty
New Contributor III

@dmohs I take it that the "managed computers" number under activation code is the total number of licenses that you are paying for, and then the "managed computers" number on the left menu bar is the actual number?

kerouak
Valued Contributor

80bd95e9a41b4e358ec50214eb6da110
6f8efc314bba40beb608994044544090
Gear Icon, then go to JSS Summary as per Image81f44309f45e49889bb690c0d6e34d62

Just leave heckboxes as is, then click 'create' button.

Yuo will see: 'Managed Computers which is the number enrolled, then scroll down to 'Activation Code, there is a 'managed computers licenced for' field.

compare and there you go!

stoermer
New Contributor

We have 14 different sites. Is there a way to break these numbers down to what is managed in each site?