How to use Apple-ID-AppleScript on Yosemite.

ArielN
New Contributor

I need help in systematically creating 300+ Apple ID at a time for my organization.
I tried the instruction from GitHub ( Apple-ID-AppleScriptScript ).

https://github.com/aaronfreimark/Apple-ID-AppleScript

Thank You,

21 REPLIES 21

millersc
Valued Contributor

Did you get errors or have problems with the GitHub script? If so, what iTunes and OS are you running it from?

ArielN
New Contributor

When I launch the script, the first thing I get it's looking for a file (I think it's looking for csv spread sheet). That's where I got so far.
Do I need to create an excel sheet with all my iCloud informations?

What iTunes version should I be running.
Do you have an example of this script and the excel file?

I appreciate your help.
Thank You,

millersc
Valued Contributor

@ArielN That Github page shows you the requirements. It's a little older stuff, but shouldn't be too hard to find.

There is also an example .csv file to download and fill in with your information. Which answers your other question, yes, you do need to make the csv with all your ID's, pwd, security questions, etc.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

If you're creating that many Apple IDs, talk to your Apple account team to have your IP address whitelisted. iTunes fraud detection will very likely kick in and blacklist your IP. Getting off that blacklist is a bit of a PITA.

ArielN
New Contributor

Our IP address is already whitelisted. What i don't understand is whats the purpose of the .csv file.

1.Do i need to replace whats in the columns field, example Email replace with my Email.
2.Do i need a real email account.
3.If i want to create example 200 Apple id account, do i need 200 real domain emails?

I heard that Apple is eliminating Apple ID in iOS v9, this mean that a company can assign apps that they owned to end users without using the end users apple id.

Do you have an example of an AppleId.csv

Thank You,

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

The .csv file contains the information needed to create the apple IDs, as some of the details need to be unique.

ArielN
New Contributor

Hi David,

Does this AppleiD script create multiple Apple id or i need separate work email for each Apple iD account.
I need to create about 300 or 500 apple id.

adamcodega
Valued Contributor

Each Apple ID will need it's own email address.

To clarify, Apple is not removing Apple IDs for VPP distribution in iOS 9/OS X 10.11. What they are doing is adding assignment to device so an Apple ID is not required to have an App Store app on a device. This is ideal for multi-user environments. However then you switch from a one license per user model to a one license per device model.

Also, why do you need to create Apple IDs? Is it an issue to let the user pick which Apple ID they want to be linked to your organization with?

ArielN
New Contributor

Thank you Adam for clarifying VPP distribution. We are a Hospital & Research Institute and follow HIPPA regulations. This will be a multi-user environments and we just want our hospital app to run without our end users having access. We are moving away from using Apple Configurator to set our iOS devices into supervised mode. Thats the reason we are adding VPP&DEP to our MDM server (Jamf & MaaS360).When iOS 9 & OS X 10.11becomes available then i don't need to create Apple IDs for each iPad deploy.

For now i'm trying to make Apple iD automation builder to work with Yosemite to test VPP.

Thanks,
ArielN

ArielN
New Contributor

Thank you to everyone who guided me in the right direction. I can now use Apple iD creator with Yosemite and running the latest iTune 12.1.2.27. I want to send out a Special Thank You to Brandon Usher who guided me step by step in getting this script to run the right way.
Thank You Brandon,

Brandon helped update Aaron Freimark batch Apple ID Creator.

https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

palitech
New Contributor

Just came across this. Thank you very Much to Brandon and Aaron!!! and thanks to @ArielN for posting.
Does anyone know if this will work for creating iCloud apple IDs? I am creating apple IDs for a computer lab and want individual ones for 30 computers. But want to use the iCloud domain.

KebsKebs
New Contributor II

Hi,
I'm about to use this script (thanks brandonuser). I have the same iTunes version of 12.1.2.27.

Just noticed regarding the "First Name" and "Last Name" fields, can they be the same through out, or will they have to be different to match the Apple IDS?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I can't say that I've tried that. The Apple ID username field definitely needs to be unique but I would imagine the first and last name could be the same. Otherwise the first John Smith to create an Apple ID would stop any others.

When we used it I created a csv in excel that auto populated incrementing numbers for the surname, the first and last name fields then formed the email address and logon username via a calculation, e.g:

First name: iPad
Last name: User1, User2, User3...

When we setup the email accounts we configured them to all forward to a single address temporarily and used another script to perform the last bit of the account activation.

maynardm
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have a question about running the script. After the script enters the user information, I am prompted to manually click Yes to confirm the information is correct before moving to the next screen. It also asks me to manually confirm the information on the address screen.

Is there a way to have the script automatically click yes for me or is there a tool anyone recommends? I'm creating 1000+ accounts.

I've been messing around auto click tools, but haven't found one that works for me.

BTW, I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 with iTunes ver 12.2.2.25

Great script by the way!

bcampbell
Contributor

@maynardm Make sure you are using the script at https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript, which is an update of the script posted on the initial message of the thread. I haven't tried it since July 8, but that update by Brandon Usher worked on the latest OS X and iTunes version at that time with no operator intervention. I don't recollect what version of iTunes was the latest at that time.

maynardm
New Contributor

@bcampbell I just realized that I only get prompted to verify my info while doing a dry run. I'm importing live without the auto clicker tool and it's running fine by itself, so I should be good to go! Thanks. =)

alvin_willia
New Contributor

Campbell,
can you send me a copy of the csv file you all used... I list everything in the following format...
Email Password Secret Question 1
xxx@xxxxttt.com, PasswordXX, What was the name of your first pet?,

is this correct or should I not list the word email and password or secret question 1?

alvin_willia
New Contributor

ArielN, it appears that you were successful at getting the below to work... can we share notes...

Thank you to everyone who guided me in the right direction. I can now use Apple iD creator with Yosemite and running the latest iTune 12.1.2.27. I want to send out a Special Thank You to Brandon Usher who guided me step by step in getting this script to run the right way.
Thank You Brandon,

Brandon helped update Aaron Freimark batch Apple ID Creator.

https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

alvin_willia
New Contributor

Can anyone help with this?

Unable to locate install app button by its description

What would you like to do?

bcampbell
Contributor

@alvin.willia I don't have a sample csv file to provide to you. However, the file appleids.csv is include when you download the zip of the project. That has all the field headers. Make a copy of that file then populate it with the information for the accounts you want to create. Keep the column headers as is.

I don't know the solution to the error you mentioned. It sounds like the script is not recognizing something in the iTunes interface so maybe the version of iTunes on your Mac is not compatible with the scripts. As I said in my earlier post, someone in my department last ran it on July 8 with the latest version of iTunes at that time. If after you have created a proper csv file you are still getting errors and you are running an older version of iTunes, you might try updating it. A 10 day old comment on the GitHub page says that someone successfully used it with iTunes 12.2.2 If that doesn't work, I, unfortunately, don't have any additional advice as I'm not familiar with the development of the script. I'm just a user.

alvin_willia
New Contributor

bcampbell thank you so much... every little bit helps