iCloud activiation issue

stevendebeugher
New Contributor

Hi all,

My name is Steven, IT manager at FamousGrey and we just stepped into the wonderfull world of jamf!

I just enrolled the first half of Macs and I came up with a major issue.

My enrollment consists of: enrolling the macs onto JSS off course, binding them to AD and moving the local users to mobile users using a script I found right here.

I needed to change the usernames "firstname lastname" to "firstname.lastname" to be able to bound the users to AD

Everything went smooth untill the users logged in onto their accounts... iCloud asked for their password. After entering their password it just wouldn't work... they all get errors like "iMessage login failed, there was an error trying activating, please try again"

• We tried signing off and signing in again, didn't work

• We didn't try to remove and add the account again (yet) as I wanted to know if there is a solution for this.

So, anyone here had same or similar problems with this?

Cheers,

Steven

2 REPLIES 2

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@stevendebeugher Did you image these Macs? If so, can you detail the process?

stevendebeugher
New Contributor

No we did not...

I created a quickadd package which I installed manually onto all existing client macs which included the enrollment, self service installation, sophos antivirus installation & skype for business installation.

I then used 2 policies I put in the self service to 1. Bind the macs to AD and 2. Move the local to mobile user accounts.

That is actually it.