Ideal workflow for wiping computers in a lab

jnraulst
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

It is that time of the year to wipe the computers in the labs and start fresh, however, I keep running into issues where policies that have a 'once per computer' execution frequency don't get triggered due to them being triggered before the wipe.

We like to keep the name of the computer the same as it was previously, so my questions is, what do I need to do to implement this correctly? We are starting to use JAMF imaging with 10.12

Do I need to delete the computer from the JSS? or do I just need to run this as a script set to run at reboot in the jamf imaging

jamf flushPolicyHistory

The policy I am most concerned about is our install software policy. Should it be set to once per computer and triggered at enrollment? Or set to trigger at re-occurring check-in?

Any kind of advice on your workflows would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jnraulst
New Contributor III

Jamf support said this:

Thanks for reaching out to Jamf Support, I hope this email finds you well!

One great way to do this would be to utilize the Re-enrollment settings. Settings > Global Management > Re-enrollment

Here we could check the option for "Clear policy logs on computers" as well as any other options that we may want.

I hope that helps! Let me know if any questions come up and I'll be happy to assist.

I hope you are enjoying the day so far!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

allanp81
Valued Contributor

We run that command and seems to work fine for us. We don't delete any of the objects, just literally netboot them and kick off the imaging workflows with that command run as part of the workflow.

jnraulst
New Contributor III

@allanp81

What triggers do you have and frequency?

jnraulst
New Contributor III

Jamf support said this:

Thanks for reaching out to Jamf Support, I hope this email finds you well!

One great way to do this would be to utilize the Re-enrollment settings. Settings > Global Management > Re-enrollment

Here we could check the option for "Clear policy logs on computers" as well as any other options that we may want.

I hope that helps! Let me know if any questions come up and I'll be happy to assist.

I hope you are enjoying the day so far!