In-House App Fails to install

rich_thomas
New Contributor III

Hi Jamf Nation!

I've got a weird issue with an app that has been developed for us. It installs no problem through configurator, but if I upload the .ipa file to our JSS and scope to the same device, I get a "could not be downloaded at this time" error.

The UDID of the device is in the distribution profile and I have tried separating the profile from the app bundle, but still no success. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Rich

8 REPLIES 8

cbrewer
Valued Contributor II

How large is your ipa file? I don't recall the specifics, but if your ipa is over 100MB you might have problems deploying it directly from your JSS. You could try hosting it on a web server.

rich_thomas
New Contributor III

It's pretty small, just 10MB

Nortah
New Contributor

Got the same problem here. And there are no errors in the JSS logs so I have no clue why it doesn't work.

HossamSaid
New Contributor II

Did anyone find a solution?

nicktruden
New Contributor II

I'm having the same issue right now. App will install on my home internet. However, on the network I have setup at work it will not install and I get the same error message. All ports are open that need to be.

kaylielove
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue as @nicktruden as I get an error stating "Unable to Install" when on my office network, however, I am able to connect to my hotspot and it installs just fine. All ports needing to be open are open and this happens with any in-house apps that we try to push out. We have never had this issue until the last week or so. Any advice on a permanent fix?

nicktruden
New Contributor II

I run nc -z ppq.apple.com 443 in terminal and connection is successful. This is frustrating. LOL

kaylielove
New Contributor II

This appears to have been fixed in the most recent update. What was happening was the update app command went out sooner than the IPA could load into JAMF (while app was pending). The fix they implemented was to put a five minute delay on updating the app after the IPA is uploaded into JAMF. A bit clunky for impatient me, but it seems to work. Now however I am getting an error whenever the app is in use and ry to push. It gives the end user an error message stating that the update failed to update. I never have a time that every device is not using the app, so this is definitely an issue and I need a solution/fix.