In-House App Update Problems JSS 9.21

IIL
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have just updated to 9.21 this evening and everything looks great, except a select few in-house app updates, which are asking me to update apps which are already up to date... We deploy all of our apps as in-house and the vast majority seem fine, but I am being prompted to update a few (including Casper Focus!) despite the fact that they are up to date according to the App Store.

To test this I have deleted the app from a test iPad and then installed again via the JSS, and immediately after installation completes the app is shown as still requiring an update in Self Service. I have forced an inventory update to be sure, but the app still shows as being out of date. All version numbers, bundle id's etc are exactly as specified by the App Store versions.

I have tried making the app 'unmanaged' and removing 'App Store Updates' from the self service, but nothing seems to get rid of the updates notification. This is not a huge problem for one device, but when this shows up tomorrow morning on the 1300 iPads I am managing then I am afraid we will completely swamp the server when students continually attempt to update the apps which are actually already at the current version...

Has anybody else seen this? Any ideas to fix, aside from removing the update tab from the self service web clip?

Thanks for the help ;)

2 REPLIES 2

nigelmarrion
Contributor

Verify that you have the correct version number and bundleID of the app. Use the iPhone Configuration Utility to get that information about each app.

We distribute all apps as in-house apps in Self Service and I have never been able to get the managed app functionality to work consistently.

IIL
New Contributor

Thanks Nigel, I am pretty sure the versions and bundles are correct, but I will double check. I was using the data from within the JSS (by looking up the App Store version).
I have read about Managed App problems elsewhere on the forums too - I wonder if this is the cause?