Install Swatches for Illustrator

sbrammer
New Contributor III

Our graphic desiggn instructor would like some swatches installed so they can be used within Illustrator. I have found the location on where they need to be installed, but can't get it working with Jamf. 

The location needs to be in Applications\Illustrator\presets\en-us\swatches

There is a folder with about 7 files that need to go in the above location. I put the files in that location and used composer to get them packaged and put the package in JSS Self Service. I then tried to install them from Self Service on another Mac and it did not work. In composer, I made the folder that has the seven files use root and wheel and gave owner\group\everyone r\w\x rights. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffevanslpk
New Contributor

Here is the path I use in Composer to accomplish this for Illustrator 2022.AIswatches.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jeffevanslpk
New Contributor

Here is the path I use in Composer to accomplish this for Illustrator 2022.AIswatches.png

Since the swatches were .ai files as the Color Books showed .acb files and not .ai files, I tried placing the Roland folder in the Default Swatches folder, and it worked. I was able to install the swatches using Self Service with no issue. Thanks for the help.