Installing apps through Self Service

mpetrick
New Contributor III

I'm a bit of a Casper newbie, so I thought this would be the best place to ask a question.

I am in the process of deploying 26 iPads to one of our departments here at the college. The iPads are setup and enrolled. I have the self service icon (with all of the apps I need installed) as well as the webclips I have setup.

My question is, the department wants everything installed before I turn the iPads over to them. Is there a simple way to "install all" from self service? Currently, I am going to each iPad, going into self service and installing each app individually. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way that I'm just not realizing.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Marc Petrick
Austin Community College

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Though I don't use the iOS management piece of Casper Suite currently, I know there is an easier way to do this using Configurator and sync stations and/or supervised devices. Since I haven't actually done it, I can't offer much other than to take a look at some other threads and links here.

Here is one that may start you in the right direction: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=4889
I would do some additional searches against JAMFNation to locate more on this topic.