Installing BitDefender on Monterey

user-YRfTJGqcrI
New Contributor

Hello,

I am facing an issue with Bitdefender on Monterey, seems when I upgrade from Big Sur it works fine. But when I remove Bitdefender and push it via Jamf the Network Extension throws an error and seems that the Config Profile is changed or not working as expected.
If I open Bitdefender it shows that Network Extension needs to be allowed and Installed, this is already allowed and works on the previous version, when I click "Install now" nothing happens because the Security & Privacy Payload is empty and there is nothing to install or allow.

Anyone have any ideas on how to allow Bitdefender Network Extension to be allowed with no user intervention? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bccrates
New Contributor

I noticed an older version of Bitdefender would continuiously crash in a loop after Filevault was enabled on Monterey, but the problem was resolved when using the most recent version of the macOS client (7.2.6.200020).

Regarding silently allowing different Bitdefender modules to function, this documentation will walk you through the config profiles that need to be deployed: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-endpoint-security-for-mac:-how-to-configure-jamf-pro...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

bccrates
New Contributor

I noticed an older version of Bitdefender would continuiously crash in a loop after Filevault was enabled on Monterey, but the problem was resolved when using the most recent version of the macOS client (7.2.6.200020).

Regarding silently allowing different Bitdefender modules to function, this documentation will walk you through the config profiles that need to be deployed: https://www.bitdefender.com/support/bitdefender-endpoint-security-for-mac:-how-to-configure-jamf-pro...

maximilian_heyn
New Contributor

Hi there, 

is Bitdefender already supported? We did not find any indication it is. The linked documentation works for Big Sur but not for Monterey. Jamf is pushing the configuration continuously but without success. Thats why the settings window pops up twice a day. 

We will raise a support request as we can not upgrade our Macs without Bitdefender support. 

Cheers

Hello @maximilian_heyn ,

The documentation does not change in terms of Monterey installation of Bitdefender, but just use the Bitdefender version 7.2.6.200020 or later, otherwise it causes a crash loop as explained above by @bccrates 

Thanks

I have to agree! We have tested it successfully with the mentioned version. The settings as described here are still valid.