Intermittent 404 errors

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Anyone seeing these? I have been getting these today - logged in, type a response, try to post, boom. Happens on a couple of different computers on different networks in different browsers. Many times I can hit Back, copy my response, reload the page, paste my response back in and the 2nd or 3rd time it will post. Just annoying.

Have also made this happen by clicking on user profiles, so it's not just an issue with posting...

e1a75046dcba4b179d8f321511b24ad6

16 REPLIES 16

lwindram
Contributor

+1

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

@jake Are we the only two users having this issue?

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Posting this response as a quick test...

Worked ok.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I've run into this error myself a few times over the last week. Once it happens, I have needed to copy my response, reload the site and go back into the thread and paste it to post my response.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I'm having this issue as well.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi everyone - this seems to be isolated but we're looking into it. Thanks for reaching out and let us know if you continue to see it.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Still seeing it - 6:15 PM Central time this evening, trying to post from my account.

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

Still seeing it tonight as well. Is anyone else opening up multiple tabs to this site for threads you want to respond to when doing this by any chance? Because I noticed that tonight I was responding to two discussions in two different tabs but the second one gave me the 404 error and a quick reload of the page allowed me to actually post.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the information, everyone. We're working on it and should have a fix out in the near future. Thanks for the updates and patience.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

@bpavlov That's precisely what I do. But it sounds like @jake and crew have it figured out...

mm2270

I don't know if this is relevant or helpful at all, but it seems like these 404 errors are related to how long you have been on the thread when they show up. What I mean is, I mostly see it if I'm writing a longer post that takes several minutes to put together. If its something short, like this post, it seems to go through just fine.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Ice noticed it if a click on a thread and leave the tab open, then come back to it and post. Hopefully this collection of clues will make some sense!

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Got an email from JAMF that says they think they've fixed this. Anyone else still seeing this issue?

mm2270

I saw it earlier today, but I haven't posted anything recently, so I don't know.

I have been seeing a lot of odd things going on with JAMFNation lately. I was going to post this earlier but refrained from doing so until I can do a full reboot of my Mac to be sure it's not just my system, but, I was seeing that scrolling to the bottom of the JAMFNation discussions page would load some additional content, but then I would get a tag saying "There are no additional conversations to load", or something to that effect. In other words I was not able to load older conversations. Very weird.

mike_rowland
New Contributor

Yes.. can't download any version ot the JSS... Looks like webshare is offline

jordy_witteman
New Contributor III

Having the same issue, unable to download any version of the JSS...