Intune to Jamf. MDM server token

Chris197
New Contributor

Hello,

We are in the process of moving our apple devices from Intune to Jamf. Obviously we want to test it out on a few devices at a time before a full rollout, but apparently you cannot download a second mdm server token from Apple Business Manager. Doing so will break our current one, messing up the devices for our current users. 

Has anyone found a way to get around this? 

I can answer any clarifying questions you guys might have. 

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Chris197 Create a new MDM instance in your ABM account for your Jamf Pro test environment. You can then download a token for that instance, and re-assign devices from your current Intune instance to the test Jamf Pro instance.

Thanks for the reply! I appreciate your time. I just have a clarifying question. When you say MDM instance do you mean MDM server? Or are those two different things?  

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Chris197 Yes, MDM instance == MDM server. In ABM select Settings in the lower left corner of the screen, then select Device Management Settings in the 2nd column of the ABM screen. That's where you can add an MDM server.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Just to clarify what @sdagley posted above…

You'll want to go into Settings > Device Management Settings in Apple Business Manager and click "Add MDM Server". Use the token from the new MDM server (you'll get this when you upload a public key from your Jamf Pro server) to set up your Jamf Pro Automated Device Enrollment configuration. Once you get those things configured you'll want to identify and reassign test devices in ABM to your Jamf MDM server and ensure they show up as assigned devices within Jamf Pro.

Related docs:

Automated Device Enrollment Integration

Add an MDM server in Apple Business Manager  

Assign, reassign, or unassign devices in Apple Business Manager