Inventory and asset mangement help

rob_potvin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sign in and sign out, and just regular asset management.

I have JAMF and Web helpdesk but I hate the interface and login behind how Web helpdesk.

I have been using our school library database for keeping track but with the amount of stuff that we are inventorying it is just a pain!

Recommendations needed.

Don't mind if I have to pay a bit but some solutions come with everything, I just want to inventory the stuff and sign it out.

BONUS: Would be a great feature if I could group devices and accessories and sign that out to students/teachers

Thanks guys...

8 REPLIES 8

nevens
New Contributor

We use a system called Webcheckout for our media center checkouts, but we don't use it for the entire inventory, just the things that get signed out.

rastogisagar123
Contributor II

@nevens we are struggling with inventory mechanism ,seems Flexera is not working on macOS, do yo know complete invetory solution for jamf macOS i heard Flexera with SCCM, i dont know how it works

Sagar Rastogi

nevens
New Contributor

5 years ago when I made that response was a somewhat different situation. Now, everything seems to be making its way to the cloud (or at least web-based). Installing inventory software is no good. Even client-based is a little iffy. How do you record that stuff? We have our shipping/receiving person/people handle our inventory database in Salesforce. This stuff gets loaded before anyone touches anything.

Are you looking for a checkout mechanism, as the original question was asking? That's a slightly different question.

Asnyder
Contributor III

I use SnipeIT. It has an API that you can use to make it and Jamf talk to each other to keep everything up to date.

rastogisagar123
Contributor II

@Asnyder can we get macOS serial number also from SniepIT, actually in our windows environment we are using Flexera and its works really good. We are looking for complete inventory for all the apps and macOS managed devices. Hows the experience for SnipeIT. Please suggest. please help me with reference link which can help me or if you have any other suggestion

Sagar Rastogi

Asnyder
Contributor III

@rastogisagar You import computers into it or you can do what I do and keep it in sync with jamf by writing a script. https://snipeitapp.com/

rastogisagar123
Contributor II

@Asnyder as I understand its a complete inventory solution and reliable too

Sagar Rastogi

bryanoneill
New Contributor II

@Asnyder can you help me setup the API connection with snipeIT ?