iPad Asset Management

kristinlynch
New Contributor II

Hello:

I have been using JSS for about 1.5 years. I use a database I built in Filemaker to keep track of assets – who has what iPad, status, notes, etc. so I can keep track of my devices. At any one time, I have iPads that need to be fixed, iPads that need to be sent out for repair, iPads that are currently off-site being repaired, etc.

I'm finding that my Filemaker database might no longer be the best solution and was wondering how my fellow JAMF users handle asset management tasks that are outside of the scope of JAMF.

Can you help?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

4 REPLIES 4

freddie_cox
Contributor III

I think you could set up all of this so that it could live in the JSS. Especially since version 9 added Extension Attributes for Mobile Devices.

If you haven't upgraded yet, I would setup a test JSS to play around with what this would/could look like for you. I would try to standardize as much of it as possible so it will make reporting easier.

Ramin
New Contributor

Hi Kristin,

I am a cofounder and VP of BD at Oomnitza. We've built a great Mobile and cloud based IT asset management system which supplements the Casper suite very well. We have a host of customers who use JAMF and Oomnitza to manage their hardware and software assets.

I'd love to show you our system some time. Please email me at Ramin@oomnitza.com to get things rolling. Here is a link to a data sheet of ours which will illustrate our UI/UX and configurability to you: https://docsend.com/view/3vZEP7

Cheers,
Ramin Ettehad
408-569-6352

Ramin
New Contributor

Hi Kristin,

I am a cofounder and VP of BD at Oomnitza. We've built a great Mobile and cloud based IT asset management system which supplements the Casper suite very well. We have a host of customers who use JAMF and Oomnitza to manage their hardware and software assets.

I'd love to show you our system some time. Please email me at Ramin@oomnitza.com to get things rolling. Here is a link to a data sheet of ours which will illustrate our UI/UX and configurability to you: https://docsend.com/view/3vZEP7

Cheers,
Ramin Ettehad
408-569-6352

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

Having just become a Casper customer for an iPad 1:1 program, I have been wondering how I would best do this as well. I thought about uploading text files into the Attachments of a device, but it is very awkward. Also, there is currently a bug that deletes attachments if a device is reenrolled.

I will have to look into the Extension Attributes mentioned and how they would work.

chris