iPad - Self Service portal disappears

braillle
New Contributor III

Ipad gets reset

start the setup process.

On the home screen I can see the self service portal start to install then it disappears

If I open up settings, I can see it installed on the left side at the very bottom. Shows me what version is installed

If I open the device in Jamf Pro and look at the profiles, apps installed, and management command history

It shows our profile as successful and it shows Jamf Self Service is installed, but it's not.

verified the self service app and distribution -- scoped to all mobile devices, no exclusions, 1000 licenses, 508 in use.

Here's the strange part. If I move the device to a different site with the exact same setup the app shows up; move the device back to the original site with the same config profile, the self service app disappears.

any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jphillips
Release Candidate Programs Tester

In the site where it disappears, is it possible that there is a profile that is blocking the app? Restrictions > Apps > App usage.

Or, another that I've seen, someone was using an app rating set to "no apps allowed", which would hide all apps (Restrictions > Media Content > Allowed Content Rating for Apps).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jphillips
Release Candidate Programs Tester

In the site where it disappears, is it possible that there is a profile that is blocking the app? Restrictions > Apps > App usage.

Or, another that I've seen, someone was using an app rating set to "no apps allowed", which would hide all apps (Restrictions > Media Content > Allowed Content Rating for Apps).

braillle
New Contributor III

It was the ratings settings. I toggled the setting to the off position and Self Service showed up. Thank you so much! I was about to set all the iPads on fire.