Is there a way to block Monterey 12.1 update?

jttavares
New Contributor III

While I have allowed Monterey OS in my environment, the recent update to 12.1 has broken Outlook search functionality.

I would like to be able to just block that update.  Is that possible?  Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

At least from my experience Outlook Search has been breaking on and off since Big Sur and the move to the New Outlook app. Are you seeing this in the New Outlook or Classic Outlook? You would need to deploy a suppress OS update configuration for 30+ days for it to be ignored but rather than that I'd open a ticket with Microsoft about the issue if it's repeatable, since delaying OS updates for to long isn't great security practice.

jttavares
New Contributor III

@andrew_nicholas   Thanks for the response.  Yeah I don't want to stop updates for long but the Outlook search not working is big.  It broke for me and is making my work day painful with not being able to search my emails.  The New Outlook look is just horrible.  I tried it for a few months and find it to be just a candy coating view.  Notes data missing in contacts. custom searches not migrating to new look.  Had a lot more issues and had to switch back.  Tickets have been opened with MS and Apple who are just pointing the finger at each other and basically saying you need to wait a month for the next updates to either Outlook or Monterey.  Thanks for the response.