Issue Running Policies from Self Service: Application Default Not Set to Self Service

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

JAMF Nation! I have a very odd OS X user issue to share with you. A user with a sound JAMF binary and JSS connection is running into an issue where any and all policies from Self Service generates the following error:

3c1f8504aaa94f939ded6934a60a0b76

To correct this on a case-by-case basis, one must select "Choose Application" and select "Self Service.app" only after selecting the default view from "Recommended Applications" to "All Applications." This immediately corrects the issue and the policy runs, regardless of what the policy actually does.

Take for example a simple "Inventory Check-in." When a "sudo jamf recon" command is run in Terminal, this works without any problems whatsoever. When the "Run Inventory Scan" is performed from Self Service on this user's computer, the above error occurs which requires the user to specify the correct application--Self Service.app--to be selected using the aforementioned workflow. This is not something that I expect this user to go thru each time they want to run a policy so I am hoping to look for a more permanent fix. Is there a way to correct this globally within Self Service?

FWIW: I removed the JAMF framework and re-added the OS X client back on thinking it was related to a corrupt instance of Self Service. The quick add packaged used was received from our user-initiated portal which is tried and true. The machine checks in, sends reports, inventory updates and verifies a sound connection to our JSS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have now tried the following which I found from another JAMF Nation post which I am happy to report fixed the error as well. The user reporting the issue in my organization is on Mac OS X 10.11.5 with v9.92 as well.

We’re aware of this issue and have it filed under PI-002150. From what we’ve seen there doesn’t seem to be a single thing that causes it, and it appears to happen sporadically/randomly. Development is aware of the issue and it is pretty high up on the priority list, so we’ll hopefully see a fix for it soon. The most reliable workaround we’ve found is to delete Self Service from the affected computer, reboot that computer, then run a sudo jamf manage to pull Self Service down from the JSS again. If you don't already have a case open with your Technical Account Manager and would like to get one open to have the case attached to PI-002150, or in case the workaround I mentioned above doesn't work for you, please feel free to get a case going by either giving your TAM a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation. Thanks! Amanda Wulff JAMF Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sepiemoini
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have now tried the following which I found from another JAMF Nation post which I am happy to report fixed the error as well. The user reporting the issue in my organization is on Mac OS X 10.11.5 with v9.92 as well.

We’re aware of this issue and have it filed under PI-002150. From what we’ve seen there doesn’t seem to be a single thing that causes it, and it appears to happen sporadically/randomly. Development is aware of the issue and it is pretty high up on the priority list, so we’ll hopefully see a fix for it soon. The most reliable workaround we’ve found is to delete Self Service from the affected computer, reboot that computer, then run a sudo jamf manage to pull Self Service down from the JSS again. If you don't already have a case open with your Technical Account Manager and would like to get one open to have the case attached to PI-002150, or in case the workaround I mentioned above doesn't work for you, please feel free to get a case going by either giving your TAM a call, sending an e-mail to support@jamfsoftware.com, or by using the My Support section of JAMF Nation. Thanks! Amanda Wulff JAMF Support