Issue with custom trigger in 9.98?

bbot
Contributor

I've set a custom trigger with execution frequency as Ongoing.

On the first initial run, it'll work properly. If I try to run it again on the same machine, it'll say "no policies were found for the "xxxxxxx" trigger.
I've tried flushing the log and re-running to no avail.

If I edit the policy that contains the custom trigger, and save it exactly as is, it'll work when I re-run the policy.

10 REPLIES 10

rqomsiya
Contributor III

Did you figure this out? What is the scope on the policy?

bbot
Contributor

Never figured it out. Will try testing again today.

Scope on policy is All Computers with no exclusions. No server or client side limitations.63050c2ad27c4325a4776f521759a187
33f3db9a68194edc9734250286fbe2cb
e9d8b8af7bf9433db57b06884bd1923a

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Has anyone figured this one out??

Having the same isssue :-(

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@kerouak Have you tried a Target of Specific Computers -> All Managed Clients rather than All Computers?

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@kerouak / @sdagley I'm seeing similar behavior with 9.99. Policy scoped to a single computer, set to ongoing. The policy calls a script, that's it, and if I run it once and try to run it again later, "No policies found". There is no trigger set on the policy, as I am calling it using the ID (jamf policy -id <idnum>). If I delete the computer and re-add, the policy runs fine.

I'll do some more testing today or tomorrow and if necessary I'll open a ticket with support. Anyone else opened a ticket on this?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@stevewood Out of curiosity, have you tried triggering via a Custom trigger instead of by ID to see if that behaves differently?

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@sdagley no, not yet. It's a VM I was using for testing something in dev and it wasn't a big deal to remove the system. If I get some time this afternoon I'll test.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

I was calling it via a custom trigger and had the issue..

kerouak
Valued Contributor

@sdagley good shout!!

I'll give that a go..

Ta

kerouak
Valued Contributor

@stevewood Yup, Remove and re add works for me too, however, it's a bit annoying ;-)