Issue with Google Drive and third-party apps such as Explain Everything and Notability

david_yenzer
Contributor II

So this isn't really a JAMF-related question because our iPads aren't deployed using JAMF yet. However, I'm taking a shot knowing that you guys are brilliant and may have experienced and/or know how to resolve this issue for us!

Our district uses a Lightspeed Rocket device for filtering, deployed on the iPads using Configurator profiles (global proxy pointed back to our Rocket).

The problem is that inside the district users have no issue signing into Google Drive, Explain Everything, or Notability, and no issues between the apps. When they take it home, if they were signed in at school already, they typically have no issues either. However, if they were not signed into Google Drive at school - when they take the device home, they are successfully able to sign into Google Drive (though must make sure you've run the latest update for Google Drive in the app store) but are NOT able to sign into Explain Everything or Notability. For Notability it just pops you back out of the authentication process and shows you as not logged in - rinse and repeat as many times as you like, it makes no difference. For Explain Everything it pops an error message that says "The operation couldn't be completed. (com.google.GTMOAuth2 error -1001.)

Any ideas what we're missing?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

PeterClarke
Contributor II

Sounds like an (account based) authentication issue..

Are they by chance NOT using "Mobile Accounts" ??

-- That said, I haven't looked at this issue myself yet..
-- So that's just based on my 'first impression'..

stoneacheck
New Contributor III

Check out http://goo.gl/qL61Z5

Make sure you've installed the certificate as noted:

"You should also install the SSL certificate from the Rocket appliance since some SSL sites will not work if the certificate is not installed as a trusted root authority.

You need to download the SSL certificate from the proxy/Rocket appliance and install it on any of your proxy clients...
The SSL certificate can be downloaded from the Rocket appliance by going to the http://(fqdn)/lsaccess/proxycert URL. You will need to use the FQDN of the proxy to access the URL and download the certificate."

Just go to that URL on the device and it'll prompt to install it under Profiles on the iPad. We made a Web Clip, pushed it to all scoped devices with Lightspeed, and gave the icon a little download button and called it "Install Me" and had the kids do it. A lot easier to have hundreds of 6th graders press a few buttons simultaneously than me do it hundreds of times over the summer :)

If they're not enrolled in an MDM yet to push out web clips you could email the link to the students?