Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Prevent AutoUpdate on Office 2013/2016

Hey guys, TLDR: How do I keep my users from being prompted regarding Office Updates? Fully qualified question: I have a functioning patch management system in process that ensures, among other things, Microsoft Office 2013 and 2016 are kept up to dat...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Root Cert Woes. Advice Appreciated

Hi there, I'm in root cert prison. I don't know how this happened, but something went awry in the past month and our newly imaged clients root certs are out of whack. Should I seek help from our TAM or are there any cert pros out there? Scenario 1: N...  View more

dca13a7d4ec6408f83953883225942d3 6feecf063c2c4e24968691607eddc892
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP Device App Assignment

We are setup for VPP device app assignment and I'm trying to test it by assigning a free app to my device. We have the following setup: App is already listed in Apps with Self Service distribution App is scoped to a smart group with all student iPads...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Also register on Eventbrite

Hi to all people who are going to attend the second JAMF Nation User Group in Amsterdam. For the folks who didn't register on the Eventbrite page, please register there as well.The tickets created in Eventbrite are needed to enter the Booking.com bui...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Proxy Push Certificate Expiring

We have 2 push certificates installed on JSS. One for MDM and one for Proxy settings. My understanding is that the Proxy one is for communication between devices and JAMF. This is expiring today and the "Renew" button doesn't do anything when clicked...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Imaging from USB without network access

I've had a bit of a look around - may have missed a keyword in my search. I have a bootable El Capitan USB with casper imaging on it which is great, but instead of it pointing to the JSS to pull down all the info for imaging I want it to read the DMG...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Configuration Profile - Re-run Behavior

Hello, I have several questions related to Configuration Profiles. If it fails, does it re-run automatically? If it does re-run, when? If it doesn't re-run, how can I initiate it to re-run from the JSS and the local machine? If someone has Administra...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Single App Mode for Lost devices

I've seen a few posts where people are creating a config profile and static group for lost/stolen devices where devices in that group are locked to a single webpage in Safari. I did this, and it worked.. But I think I must have messed up some of the ...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Force Lab Shutdown

I'm trying to execute a profile where all of the Macs (15) in our lab, shutdown at 3pm everyday. I have created the profile under Energy Saver to do this, but it isn't working. Before 3pm everyday, all of the Macs go into sleep mode. I need this beca...  View more

• 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

MYSQL Root Password Alter

Does anyone know what commands to run to Alter the root password for MYSQL upon initial configuration? This is the first time where I am doing it where it is forcing a password change. Thank You!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Information For Your Visit - PLEASE READ

All, Upon your arrival tomorrow you will need to stop at the security gate and let them know you are here to see Tyler Nelson and you are with the JAMF User Group. Once parked in our visitor loop take the boardwalk to our main entrance and check in w...  View more

4cd6b14e87d0454891d99c022b1155c7
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disable Network Option In Sidebar

We use Casper Suite to manage devices at our school district. Today, we discovered that students are finding other student devices using the Network list and enabling a Screen Sharing session, connecting with the student victim's username and passwor...  View more

332cdf6a984d496b80341ddb7d6e3433
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service on iOS devices without Apple IDs

So, in iOS9 it is possible to install apps on iOS devices without Apple IDs. I was wondering how the Self Service app would work that? Currently we use DEP, and then once the setup screen is completed, it prompts to have an AppleID entered before ins...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multiple Apps in One VPP Assignment

We have some iPads that we previously managed in a somewhat unique way. They were trial iPads that would go out for 6 weeks and then come back to us to be redeployed to another user. Because of this and our lack of desire to have to go into multiple ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check box for device assignment not showing up

I have noticed a couple of apps will not get the check box under the VPP tab for device assignment. This morning I purchased 6 apps from the VPP site, and 5 of them worked perfectly but 1 of them still will not show the device assignment check box. I...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Updating NetSUS appliance

Hey all, I was wondering if there was a way to update the NetSUS appliances that are currently in place? I am currently running 7 NetSUS appliances and would rather not have to take them all down and rebuild them just to update them. Anyone know of a...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packaging iTunes 12.3.1

Hi Guys, New CCT here, forgive my noobiness. Just trying to package iTunes 12.3.1 On blank 10.11 OS. Tried dragging the package from the iTunes12.3.1.dmg into Composer and building a package. The installer worked but then was hit with an error on tes...  View more

6282b5d52f2548b68b1e5ce3d5d0a68b db886511662e46ccab46c4d6e7ef574d
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors