I am fairly new to JAMF Pro and have had mostly good results. My new devices auto enroll fine and get all required policies. Most of my older devices have also been fine when completely reloading them before enrolling. I am however having some issues with devices that are in the wild getting policies after I enroll.
So I have been visiting offices and manually installing the enrollment profile on devices that used to be enrolled in our Mac Server MDM instead. While the profile installs fine and it auto pulls the MDM profile and another, the rest of my JAMF configs in at least 1 case haven't installed after 12 hours and multiple reboots and terminal command sends. Looking in JAMF pro the devices still shows just basic enrollment but no group memberships or config profiles and policies for the device (but the device HAS been added to several static groups).
I don't know what to do in these cases? What is a normal amount of time from enrollment and adding the device to the groups in JAMF to when the device SHOULD have its configs and profiles? If it doesn't what should I do?
The first time when I sent my self the enrollment invitation I saved the .profile on a file server and use that to manually enroll other devices. Is there a difference between that and going to ******.jamfcloud.com/enroll and enrolling there?
I ask because I just did THAT on a computer today and it enrolled and got all policies, etc in under 60 sec.
I see an issue in the operating system version of device mention in the screenshot. the macOS is lower than 10.13.2. Man thats a security risk. I recommend testing enrolment on latest macOS version
You are on Jamf binary 10.40.1 and below is the Apple macOS Compatibility with this Jamf Binary and macOS 10.13.x is untested.
Hope this helps!
It's possible that the OS version vs the binary support may be related. However I found that when I used the user initiated enrollment url vs just reusing the saved .profile made a huge difference. I successfully enrolled 3 more manual devices in a very short time. I then removed all enrollment profiles from the initial problem device and used the url to enroll instead and it worked perfect. I will assume at this time that the issue was my downloaded enrollment profile file.