Issues with installing Arctic Wolf Sensor

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

 Followed the instructions and everything appears to be working the status says completed, but I checked the logs and it appears I am getting the below error message.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

Got it to work! The text file was done on a windows computer and transferred to the Mac it needs to be done on a Mac computer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RenAdmin It doesn't look like your policy contains a .pkg installer which would place the Install_AWNAGENT.sh script your command is supposed to run on the Mac. If the vendor's instructions call for running that script hopefully they have provided a .pkg you could upload to your JSS and include in your policy so the script gets installed.

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

Ive followed the step by step but still having the same issue. I have the package and the customer file but not sure why im still getting this error. I also saw another thread where a few people had the same issue and only 1 person was able to nail it down but did not see the answer.

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

This is the error message (/bin/bash^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory)

Screen Shot 2022-12-11 at 10.00.51 PM.png

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@RenAdmin That "^M" in the error message implies your command isn't correct. What exactly do you have entered for "Execute Command in your Files and Processes payload? 

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

The below command is what is being executed i copied and paste from arctic wolf article 

Link to article > https://docs.arcticwolf.com/agent/installing_mac.html 

#!/bin/sh
sudo installer -pkg /private/tmp/AGENT/ArcticWolfAgent.pkg -target /
exit 0

RenAdmin
New Contributor III

Got it to work! The text file was done on a windows computer and transferred to the Mac it needs to be done on a Mac computer.