JAMF 10.34.1 hanging at Initializing Change Management

scahill
New Contributor

Good morning all.

I'm having issues getting JAMF to initialize after an update to 10.34.1 from 10.29. The update installs no problem, but it gets hung up on Initializing Change Management when attempting to complete.

I tried a solution found here: https://community.jamf.com/t5/jamf-pro/jamf-server-hanging-on-initializing-change-management/m-p/243...

I ran the steps involved there to run the MySQL command and while it does restart the initialization, it still hangs at the same spot.

Has anyone run into this recently and have alternative options or solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Theres a notice for 10.31-10.34 regarding the log directory and its ownership. Take a look at the below and double check the path/owership.

• If the Jamf Pro Settings > System Settings > Change Management > “Use Log File” setting is enabled and configured with a Location Of Log File folder path, you must ensure that the configured folder path exists on the server OS and that the account used to run Tomcat has write permissions for this directory. These requirements can be verified by reviewing recent log messages written to the folder and file locally. Mitigation: If the folder path is incorrect and there is no evidence of recent logs written to the location, either update the path or remove the setting before upgrading to Jamf Pro 10.31.x - 10.34.x.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Theres a notice for 10.31-10.34 regarding the log directory and its ownership. Take a look at the below and double check the path/owership.

• If the Jamf Pro Settings > System Settings > Change Management > “Use Log File” setting is enabled and configured with a Location Of Log File folder path, you must ensure that the configured folder path exists on the server OS and that the account used to run Tomcat has write permissions for this directory. These requirements can be verified by reviewing recent log messages written to the folder and file locally. Mitigation: If the folder path is incorrect and there is no evidence of recent logs written to the location, either update the path or remove the setting before upgrading to Jamf Pro 10.31.x - 10.34.x.

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

You'll also likely want to be using 10.34.2 rather than 10.34.1.

scahill
New Contributor

Appreciate the help, Andrew.

And yeah, I got the 10.34.2 update instead of the .1