Jamf 100 Practice Test

jacoblebsock
New Contributor

Can someone please assist, I cannot understand 2 questions in this practice test and believe the answers in the answer key to be wrong, but find that somewhat hard to believe. Here are the questions and answers:

1. Which method can be used to enroll a mobile device with Jamf Pro? a. Apple School Manager (correct according to answer key)
    b. Recon c. Volume Purchasing of Apps and Books d. User-Initiated Enrollment (what I believe to be correct)

2. Supervision is available as part of a computer PreStage Enrollment configuration. a. True (my answer)
    b. False (current according to answer key)

Please help me understand why I am wrong in my selections as I cannot seem to find an explanation for why these answer are marked as they are in the answer key.

6 REPLIES 6

Krbonus
Contributor

Very odd that ASM was the correct answer, I know that enrollment of a device would be UIE. I'm curious to know what others think of this one.

Supervision though I think is False and the possible reason to that is you can only supervise a device if it's bought through DEP or through AC2. If a device is purchased through a 3rd party, it won't be supervised unless you do it on AC2.

bramstedtb
New Contributor III

I believe User-Initiated enrollment for mobile devices is turned off by default, so the only guaranteed way to enroll a mobile device, across any instance of Jamf, from the list, would be Apple School Manager.

The supervision question is false because supervision is mobile devices only.

jcline
New Contributor III

It's pretty much what Bramstedtb said. ASM is the only guaranteed way to enroll.

kfjamf
New Contributor III

The enrollment question could for sure be better worded.

jacoblebsock
New Contributor

Hey bramstedtb, it is actually enabled by default for iOS, disabled by default for macOS as an admin password must be created first.

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Question number two is referring to a computer pre-stage enrollment. Computers do not have a supervison option, only mobile devices.