JAMF - ABM License disconnect + Download

box
New Contributor III

Hello, 

Per ABM, we have two Logic Pro licenses in use. Per JAMF, we have 0. 

JAMF > Computers > Mac Apps > Logic Pro > I did place two Macs in Scope, the Logic Pro shows as something I can install in Self service, when I click install I get an error "Cannot connect to a JAMF MDM profile". My unit is configured correctly however. 

Can anyone advise?

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Make sure your VPP Certificate is good. Without this certificate JAMF cannot dole out volume purchased apps.

Make sure managed distribution has the correct location set for the apps, and that JAMF reflects what ABM shows for total and available content.

AJPinto_0-1668691170159.png

AJPinto_1-1668691206188.png

If these two screenshots do not line up. Make sure you are selecting the correct location, and that your tokens and certificates are good. If all that is good, make sure nothing is blocked between your JAMF Server and Apple assuming you are on prem. Honestly, that is really all there is to it so I would call JAMF if all that fails.

Volume Purchase App Assignments - Jamf Now Documentation | Jamf

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Make sure your VPP Certificate is good. Without this certificate JAMF cannot dole out volume purchased apps.

Make sure managed distribution has the correct location set for the apps, and that JAMF reflects what ABM shows for total and available content.

AJPinto_0-1668691170159.png

AJPinto_1-1668691206188.png

If these two screenshots do not line up. Make sure you are selecting the correct location, and that your tokens and certificates are good. If all that is good, make sure nothing is blocked between your JAMF Server and Apple assuming you are on prem. Honestly, that is really all there is to it so I would call JAMF if all that fails.

Volume Purchase App Assignments - Jamf Now Documentation | Jamf

box
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply. 

box
New Contributor III

1) In ABM, shows In use 2 available 0. 

2) I did download the VPP certs, uploaded, does not seem to accept them. It acts like it loads them but doesn't do anything. 

3) In JAMF PRO, shows 0 across the board. 

Thank you,