Jamf Cloud - On Prem DP as well as Jamf Cloud DP

dlondon
Valued Contributor

Just starting with Jamf Cloud. We have an On Prem file share DP which we intend to use for people on site so that's the Principal Distribution Point.

Would the best way to make use of the Cloud DP be to make it the failover for the On Prem DP? That way if a machine can't reach the File Share it "should" fail over to the cloud one e.g. in the case of machines outside our network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dlondon
Valued Contributor

I configured the Cloud DP to be the failover for the On Premises file share DP. It seems to be working as intended.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

dlondon
Valued Contributor

I configured the Cloud DP to be the failover for the On Premises file share DP. It seems to be working as intended.

el2493
Contributor III

I'm doing that myself (just migrated to Cloud yesterday) and it does work, though it seems to take a long time (at least a few minutes) for the On Premise DP to fail and kick over to the Cloud DP. Are you also using network segments to define the DP? I've heard about that but haven't gotten into it yet.

dlondon
Valued Contributor

We do have a lot of networks defined and so make the On Prem DP the Default for them. However some networks like our wifi have no access to the file shares via SMB so I just set the cloud DP the default for them