Jamf Cloud Services Connection and managing icons

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

I thought one of the benefits the Jamf Cloud Services Connection was supposed to provide was the ability to finally manage the icons we've uploaded for self service. If it's there, I'm not seeing a way to do that. If it's not there, is that ever going to be a thing? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@AVmcclint I don't think the Jamf Cloud Services Connection icon service is supposed to have any editing capability yet, and for now it's just offloading storage if the icon data from your own JSS database to the centralized storage in JCS.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@AVmcclint I don't think the Jamf Cloud Services Connection icon service is supposed to have any editing capability yet, and for now it's just offloading storage if the icon data from your own JSS database to the centralized storage in JCS.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

@dadya06  I think you replied to the wrong post.

MLBZ521
Contributor III

lol...... I just happened to come across this thread when searching for something else.... But this is one of those things that I bring up so often with Jamf's supposed "phases" approach to their feature releases.
When this feature was included in it's first beta release, everyone in the beta forum was complaining that it did not provide the functionality that was described in the Feature Request that had been opened for years and was intended to provide. Jamf ensured us that it was just phase 1 and a later phase would bring the ability to delete specific icons...

Years later, here we are, still waiting.

But what they didn't tell us was, they did come up with a related backend function that deletes icons if they're not being used....which Jamf Pro used to not do.... So now, I can't prestage icons if they're not assigned to a specific configurations. Which is extremely silly, not to mention, they didn't tell us, so I've been looking around for icons I know I uploaded and they're all gone.....

Just to mention it as well, the Cloud Services Connection has been expanded to "control" more than just the original "Icon Service" that it was originally associated with.