Jamf Connect (NoMAD) and mount drives scripts based on AD group.

Macmacmark
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone know if it's possible to mount SMB shares based on users being in a AD group if the Mac is not bound to AD, but has Jamf Connect (NoMAD) and a valid kerberos ticket? I current have all Macs bound to AD and use a Apple script created by macmule. He's an example of said script;

-- Checks Group Membership for ADGroups contains user & if they -- are in the correct groups, mount shares. ---------
if ADGroups contains "ADGROUP" then mount volume "smb://fileshare.full.path/SHARENAME"
end if

Maybe this can't be done... hopefully it can so that I can stop binding machines to AD. If anyone has advice on this I would appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

a_stonham
Contributor II

NoMAD will handle that natively. It is handled via another preference domain menu.nomad.shares.plist
See NoMAD Shares Documentation

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

hkabik
Valued Contributor

The NoMAD plist will list all groups for the current user so you could include something like:

defaults read "/Users/$user/Library/Preferences/com.trusourcelabs.nomad.plist" | grep "AD group you want to check"

If it provides a response then they are a member of that group.

a_stonham
Contributor II

NoMAD will handle that natively. It is handled via another preference domain menu.nomad.shares.plist
See NoMAD Shares Documentation