Jamf Daily Digest crashing iOS Outlook?

marlink
New Contributor III

I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing this behavior:

Starting a few weeks ago, any time I would open the JAMF Daily Digest email in Outlook for iOS, the app would crash and quit on me. I could still reopen Outlook and do everything I would normally do, but the minute I try to open that one email message it would crash again. I went back and forth with Microsoft Support on this (reset the account, delete and reinstall, etc), and they escalated this as a bug to be looked into.

Earlier this week, there was an update to the app, but now Outlook crashes whenever I have the Daily Digest email in my inbox (or if I'm browsing a folder with it in it). The only way to get around this is to move or delete the message, and then delete/reinstall Outlook (because even if I've already moved the message out of my inbox, the app can't stay open long enough to sync that change before crashing). I now have a server-side rule to filter the JAMF Daily Digest into a separate folder so that it never hits my inbox -- but did JAMF change something about how the Digest email is formatted that iOS Outlook just doesn't like? It does seem especially strange that this is the only message that I receive that causes this behavior.

4 REPLIES 4

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

@marlink what are your email notification settings in your Jamf Nation profile?

marlink
New Contributor III

@michael.abbott I hadn't thought to check that, but now that I have I don't see anything unusual in my notification settings. The checkbox for sending me notifications when I'm mentioned/etc/etc is checked, and Send Me Emails is set to "Digest (Daily)". Is there something I should be looking for that I'm missing?

michael_abbott
New Contributor III

for discussions, feature requests, and articles, do you subscribe to "All Posts" or "Posts tagged with My Topics"?

marlink
New Contributor III

On those three, I'm actually not subscribed -- dropdown menu is set to "none". Also, none of the checkboxes at the bottom are checked.