Jamf Downloads Failing over Wi-Fi

joecoyle
New Contributor II

Hi Everyone,

I have recently come into a problem with users trying to install applications through MAC self service over Wi-Fi. For some reason, when users go to install an application over Wi-Fi in MAC Self Service, they get an error message. (The users are on our school Wi-Fi) This is what I see on my end:

[STEP 1 of 4]
Executing Policy Arduino IDE 2.0.4
[STEP 2 of 4]
Mounting Brookline
Could not mount distribution point "Brookline"

[STEP 3 of 4]
[STEP 4 of 4]

However, when users download it when connected through ethernet, there are no problems. Has anyone seen something like this and have any ideas?

Much appreciated!

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

joecoyle
New Contributor II

Hey Everyone,

Turns out I had to switch the distribution point to cloud distribution point. That did the trick. 

Thank you for all the solutions!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

Have your network/firewall team confirm the correct ports are open on your WiFi network. I'd start with your distribution point in this case. Which should be port 80/443 to whatever the path is, or 445/137–139 if you are onprem and using SMB. The guide below should give you all you need to make sure the proper ports and URLs are open.

Network Ports Used by Jamf Pro - Technical Articles | Jamf

talkingmoose

Also, take Jamf out of the mix. Troubleshoot by attempting to manually mount the distribution point using the same credentials you’ve stored with Jamf Pro. Be sure you’re on the same Wi-Fi as those who’ve reported the issue (verify internal vs. guest Wi-Fi for example). That’s usually pretty revealing.

piotrr
Contributor III

Sounds like your problem is with your distribution point. 

I did have some really bad Jamf Pro connectivity issues two days ago, could possibly be connected though. 

joecoyle
New Contributor II

Hey Everyone,

Turns out I had to switch the distribution point to cloud distribution point. That did the trick. 

Thank you for all the solutions!