Jamf nation notifications are out of control!

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Is anyone else having this issue? Its been a few months where i will get a notification for every single discussion or feature request made, even if i never looked at them. Ive gone into my notification settings and there is nothing that jumps out to disabled this behavior. So far im up to 3910 notifications!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Emily_Brown
New Contributor III

Hi @Dylan_YYC and @mack525 -

Sorry to hear about that! I have an idea about where those could be coming from. Clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner of Jamf Nation gives you a menu option called "Follows." Check out the "Tags" option. If you have a lot of Tags selected here, this might explain why content you've never seen before is landing in your notifications. Anytime one of your followed tags is used in a Discussion, Feature Request, Knowledge Base Article, or Third Party Product you'll get a notification. Click "Unfollow" for any options you no longer wish to receive notifications about.

5daed27244bb4ae884f1559b96b7ca34

c43290aca2cb4ad18755051557406357

You can clear all notifications from the dropdown itself, by selecting "Clear All":

665200c4470f43918cbd6266dac41d73

Or by going into the "Show All" option and clearing from here:

55b213b48661468e82bfcc4a2157dabf

Hope this helps! Please follow up with any additional feedback. Thank you,
Emily

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

mack525
Contributor II

Same here. @Dylan_YYC

Emily_Brown
New Contributor III

Hi @Dylan_YYC and @mack525 -

Sorry to hear about that! I have an idea about where those could be coming from. Clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner of Jamf Nation gives you a menu option called "Follows." Check out the "Tags" option. If you have a lot of Tags selected here, this might explain why content you've never seen before is landing in your notifications. Anytime one of your followed tags is used in a Discussion, Feature Request, Knowledge Base Article, or Third Party Product you'll get a notification. Click "Unfollow" for any options you no longer wish to receive notifications about.

5daed27244bb4ae884f1559b96b7ca34

c43290aca2cb4ad18755051557406357

You can clear all notifications from the dropdown itself, by selecting "Clear All":

665200c4470f43918cbd6266dac41d73

Or by going into the "Show All" option and clearing from here:

55b213b48661468e82bfcc4a2157dabf

Hope this helps! Please follow up with any additional feedback. Thank you,
Emily

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

The reason for this was hashed out on this older thread and the cause is as @Emily.Brown noted in her post. I had to uncheck a lot of tags to calm down the amount of notifications I was getting.
I wish it could be a little more granular about what we got notified on, but then, I don't have a great idea of how Jamf would make it do that.

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Thanks for bringing up this issue. It reminded me that for a while now I did not get notifications from threads I participate in - and it showed me how to reactivate that. Let's see how this works out.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Thank you @Emily.Brown ! I wasn't seeing the issue anywhere near as much as the OP, but checked, and I was following a couple of "Tags". Also worth looking at what 3rd party apps you're "following" - I had Office 2016 in there as well.

Dylan_YYC
Contributor III

Thank you @Emily.Brown !!!!! that was it! I really wish Jamf would treat those follows like something we would like to see on the landing page, not creating an all time high notification counter.