Jamf Pro 10.30.0 Beta is Now Available!!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Jamf Nation!

The Jamf Pro 10.30.0 beta contains many new features, fixes, and enhancements that we are excited to share with you!

Jamf Connect Deployment Integration: If you have a Jamf Connect subscription, you can now deploy Jamf Connect directly from Jamf Pro. This eliminates the need to manually upload the installer package and use a policy to deploy Jamf Connect to computers.

Redesigned Security and Privacy payload in computer configuration profiles: We've streamlined and modernized Security and Privacy Payloads for a much smoother experience

Self Service for macOS enhancements: We've made some really exciting improvements to Self Service for macOS including a Home Page, improved search, and improved Branding Header

There's a lot more to this release which is covered in the release notes!

How to join the beta :
If you would like to participate in the beta program, please enroll using the Beta Programs tab on Jamf Nation under My Assets within the account section. After enrollment, reference our Release Notes for a complete list of what is included in the beta build.

Remember, this is a beta release. We strongly encourage you to install this software in a non-production environment.

As always, the beta program is operated under non-disclosure, so please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta sections of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation beta discussion area or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions regarding the beta.

Thank you to all those who participate in the program!

10 REPLIES 10

Eltord
Contributor

Is there any chance we can get at minimum screenshots of what the new self service portal is going to look like? We got a preview at the last JNUC so we kinda knew what to expect, but those of us outside of the beta program are going to find out what it looks like the same time our users do, which was a large gripe in the community the last time the major change happened.

smolyeet
New Contributor III

@sheltond3 unless I'm missing out, hasn't self service already been redesigned? Ours changed in 10.27; see screenshot below of example I found 7da0d82f11124917a711a4fd2b94c679

Eltord
Contributor

@smolyeet Yes it has, I'm already running this, but it also says in the notes above that there are more changes to come in the next release. That was the reason for my posting.

"Self Service for macOS enhancements: We've made some really exciting improvements to Self Service for macOS including a Home Page, improved search, and improved Branding Header"

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sheltond3,

Thanks for the comments. Can you elaborate on what being outside of the beta program means to you?

Our beta programs are absolutely free to participate in and among other things serve as previews for what is coming, such as Self Service updates in this case.

Thanks!

wildfrog
Contributor II

@scafide Two things. . . .
1 - If I were to enroll in the beta, would that include a beta JamfCloud instance? Or would I be on my own to run the beta server on-prem/private cloud?

2 - I also agree with @sheltond3 that additional elaboration about what is planned would be welcomed. For many of us, Self Service is the most user-facing part of what we do. And considering the many user-unfriendly/backward (IMO) steps Self Service has taken lately (i.e. the branding/resize fiasco, combining updates & notifications (shambolic, IMO), etc) I feel like admins are getting increasingly sensitive to the direction Self Service is headed. And that's only fixed by more information and not less.

Ohhhhhh yeaaahhhhhhhhh!

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

@wildfrog

Thanks for the post! Every Jamf Pro customer is eligible for the Jamf Pro Beta Program - I'll make sure future posts bring awareness to that, as well letting everyone know that every Jamf Pro Beta Customer also gets a JamfCloud Beta instance spun up automatically. We bring the Macho Madness.

We absolutely welcome and encourage feedback within the Jamf Pro Beta Forums! There is a thread with great screenshots and feedback currently in the Jamf Pro 10.30 Beta forum, which is accessible after signing our Beta Program Agreement. Our Pre-Release programs are operated under non-disclosure, which is why public screenshots of unreleased software are typically never shared with exception to Jamf announcements, such as at JNUC.

Hopefully we'll see you in the forums with Self Service feedback soon.

Thanks!

wildfrog
Contributor II

Got it. Looks like I'll be signing up for the beta program. Getting a beta cloud instance makes it practical, where if I had to roll my own it would be doable, but not practical.

NDA on pre-release makes sense. So I get it.

bartreardon
New Contributor III

Eltord
Contributor

@scafide

I must have misunderstood before with the beta program then. When I previously went to sign up for the beta program, I thought it would convert one of my existing jamf cloud tenants into a beta instance. Is that not actually the case? Cause if so, I will GLADLY sign up for that and move a test device over into it to explore and provide feedback.

scafide
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sheltond3,

Your production instance will never be touched when you enroll into a beta of Jamf Pro. You'll have a new, separate, blank instance spun up in JamfCloud that exists on entirely different infrastructure.