Jamf Pro 10 Self Service Updates Tab and Patch

dtommey
New Contributor III

Can anyone clarify if there is a way to show application updates in the updates tab of Self Service of applications that are not in 'Patch Management'?

c962215caa9a45dd91da286ab5c32054

5 REPLIES 5

davidhiggs
Contributor III

Would love to know this too, I haven't had a chance to spend much time with JP10 or write a FR. On the surface, it looks like the Updates section is reserved for Patch only. If that's the case then.. are we forced to have all updates outside of patch into the Library section? That's just silly and poor design.

We need our own custom Patch EAs stat!

dtommey
New Contributor III

I have had a play and cannot see any way, was hoping that I was just being blind. If it is only reserved for patch then I would need a way to disable the tab or preferably hide it from users completely. Its nothing but confusing for end users and very poorly thought out.

timdambrosio
Contributor

I agree completely. Until JAMF have a huge list of supported patch titles they must provide a way for admins to disable the new Updates section otherwise it's a fragmented approached to patching.

wilesd
New Contributor III

This is a bit of a nightmare from a user experience point of view - Having two seperate updating processes because the first (forced) only has a small selection of apps is extremely confusing.

I love the direction it's going in, but at this point it's too soon to be forced upon everyone.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

Feature Request now here

Just to add, It's no longer possible to keep 'Update' policies confined without it also appearing under the 'All' category. For many, this will show two icons for every app that may have seperate Install and Update policies.