Jamf Pro 11.1.0 Beta Now Available!

ianhansen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Jamf Nation!
Jamf Pro 11.1.0 Beta is now released
We're excited to announce that this beta includes Remote Assist and macOS Self Service Onboarding along with many other features and fixes. 
How to join the beta: Enroll in the Beta Program under Product Feedback at account.jamf.com. Once you enroll you'll receive an invitation to join the Beta Forum, click "Join this group Hub" to gain access. Email beta@jamf.com with questions.
The beta program is covered by the Jamf non-disclosure agreement; please do not share any information regarding your testing on any public forum, including the non-beta areas of Jamf Nation. Use the Jamf Nation Beta Forum or contact Jamf via beta@jamf.com with any questions. Thank you to all who participate in this program!

13 REPLIES 13

SteveSOE
New Contributor III

Does the Remote Assist feature have to be enabled somewhere? I don't see it. I tried 'enable remote desktop' but no dice.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 11.21.04 am.png

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 11.29.30 am.png

AlexHoffman
New Contributor III

Yeah you have to turn it on. Go to Settings > Computer Management > Security, there's a box to check for Remote assist there and then save. 

SteveSOE
New Contributor III

Thank you, that worked a treat!

You need to enable that in the settings 

Settings > Computer Management > Security > then tick Jamf Remote Assist

Jesus_Alvarez
New Contributor II

Does remote assist have an additional licensing cost?

Person
New Contributor III

No additional costs according to the Q&A

https://www.jamf.com/blog/meet-jamf-remote-assist/

Olivier-SCARPI
New Contributor II

Good morning,
It's been 4 times I registered for the beta program but I never see my instance updated until the final release.
Did I miss something ?

Msten
New Contributor

Is the user prompted to allow remote control before a remote session?

SteveSOE
New Contributor III

Yes, they are.

RJ52
New Contributor III

So this won't help me log into a lab machine on my other campus?  There are use cases like mine that need the ability to get on the machine without a remote user accepting the connection. I'm more than happy with them somehow flashing warnings and notifications that the machine is being observed/controlled, but if this goes live as is, then it's mostly useless for me. 

SchultzMD
New Contributor

from here https://www.jamf.com/blog/meet-jamf-remote-assist/

If the end user is not logged into their computer, the remote screen sharing session will start as an unattended session if the admin is able to provide local account credentials

n_lecchi
Contributor

We encountered some problems with JRA:
1. if screenshot shortcuts are disabled, JRA does not work.
2. with the shottr app enabled, user has multiple screenshots on the monitor.
3. The end user cannot stop screen sharing if the operator forgets the open session.

Curtis2
New Contributor

I can't see Remote Assist in our instance in Jamf Pro under Settings > Computer Management > Security, I'm an admin too?