Jamf Pro + Big Sur

rkeleghan
New Contributor III

Hi all

Just wondering .. what the min requirement of my JAMF Pro instance that I need to be on so I can support Big Sur with macOs management + pre-stage deployments?

4 REPLIES 4

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

Based on progress we've tracked with the betas, you'll need to be on Jamf Pro 10.24+ in order to have successful enrollments with Big Sur.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rkeleghan Jamf Pro 10.25.1 would be recommended as it's the version that adds the Configuration profile payload that allows non-admin users approve Screen Recording

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I was reading an article yesterday that said 10.22 was the minimum required for macOS 11, however I would go with 10.24 at lowest myself. 10.25 is too new for my taste, I am anything but a production beta tester or early adopter as others call it.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

You could use 10.24, but unless all of your Mac users are Admins you're going to have to build a Configuration Profile with something besides Jamf Pro, sign it, and then import it into your Jamf Pro instance so non-Admins will be to enable Screen Recording on Big Sur as the capability to create that payload in Jamf Pro didn't arrive until 10.25.1.