JAMF Pro - Bulk Export iPad Information

chrisvenditti
New Contributor II

The networking team for our district is trying to move all of our mobile devices onto a MAC Address whitelisted Wifi network. Is there a way I can export in bulk specific information (like the MAC address) from the Hardware page of each iPad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@chrisvenditti Do a Search Inventory to bring up a New Advanced Mobile Device Search screen, select the Criteria tab and define what devices you want to search for, select the Display tab, select the Device tab for your display options, at the bottom of the list of Device attributes you can display enable the Wi-Fi MAC Address item then select any other attributes you want to display in the report, click the Reports tab, click the Download Report button to generate and download the report with Wi-Fi MAC addresses.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

glennu
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I'm pretty sure the export button at the bottom right corner of your mobile inventory should do it; it'll get you more than you're looking for-but I believe it should have what you're after.

Unfortunately, running the export you mentioned for the mobile inventory gives me just about everything but the Wifi MAC address. Is there a way I can add to what that report exports?

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@chrisvenditti Do a Search Inventory to bring up a New Advanced Mobile Device Search screen, select the Criteria tab and define what devices you want to search for, select the Display tab, select the Device tab for your display options, at the bottom of the list of Device attributes you can display enable the Wi-Fi MAC Address item then select any other attributes you want to display in the report, click the Reports tab, click the Download Report button to generate and download the report with Wi-Fi MAC addresses.

This did it, thank you! I never clicked that button because for some reason I assumed it was for adding a new device. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

You should be able to make an advanced search and display this information. However, this will not be a once and done thing. I suggest you look in to a security tool that can use JAMF API to gather this information either daily or on demand, and automatically update your whitelist.

Thanks for the advice! I may end up doing that because you're right that it will be helpful for the new batches of devices that we receive.