Jamf Pro - Camera Settings - Shared iPads for Schools

erwin_chia
New Contributor

Hello all! First time posting on JAMF Nation. The strong community support is one of the reasons we’re considering JAMF.

We are currently on a trial period using JAMF Pro to manage our iPads in school.

Our iPads student iPads are currently shared iPads linked to Apple School Manager and our teachers iPads are not shared.

I’m not sure why but our student iPads are unable to access the camera settings (we’re trying to enable camera grid) however we can do so on the teachers iPad.

The students and teachers iPads have separate restrictions profile but “Allow Camera” is checked for both students and teacher’s restriontions profile. The students can use the camera and apps will ask for permission to use the camera too.

Is there something I’m missing?

Any help would be appreciatied.

5 REPLIES 5

Aguiness
New Contributor III

Hi
What are you restricting are there any apps that use the camera restricted FaceTime etc You may find you are restricting something else that uses the camera also
If you do that then the camera will be disabled also

erwin_chia
New Contributor

Hi @Aguiness !
Thank you so much for the response. We’re not restricting any applications currently.

Anything camera-related seems to be exactly the same as the restrictions on the teacher’s iPads’ configuration profile. I’ve attached screenshots.

If anyone notices a restriction that might be preventing camera settings access, feel free to point it out.

5b0e1902019448a694e9d988017fcd85
7468fce6fc1f413ba6f401922122c76c
f2b684b20fe044b680905a57ca4a7041
afb6a174df394bfa9a4fd0511ca40b79
edf7f74ff07142029b92850d4db6c22e
834cd5a981d548ac9810de2fa7118157

Thank you in advance!

djennings
New Contributor

I need this also! Strange how there is no camera settings on shared iPad? We're using Jamf School. Did you ever find a solution @erwin_chia 

Hi there!

Was not able to find the settings or a solution. Our school is now 1:1 iPad and no issues so it seems like it was a shared iPad thing. Apologies for not being able to give a more useful response. 

😞no problem @erwin_chia  thanks for the quick reply,