JAMF Pro policy logs - Any good way to clean it up?

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Hi all,

Somewhat silly question, but I'll ask it here anyway.

Within our JAMF Pro, we have may policies that are check-in daily to see if a process is running. Eg: McAfee.

Because they are daily checks, there would be thousands of logs generated because we manage thousands of Macbooks.

Is there a way to clean up these logs entry so that it keeps only entries for the last month or so?

When going into a policy, there is only Flush All or Flush All Errors. I don't particularly want to Flush All, I do want to wait for a few days before seeing a logs populating again.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mickgrant
Contributor III

Setting > system setting > log flushing

this will let you set granularly how long different types of logs are kept for from weekly to never

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mickgrant
Contributor III

Setting > system setting > log flushing

this will let you set granularly how long different types of logs are kept for from weekly to never

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Thanks @mickgrant

Wow, a lot simpler than I thought.
Yes I have found the settings you mentioned, and have updated them all to flush anything over a month old.

Thanks again :)

jason_bracy
Contributor III

Wish that there was a way to do this on an individual policy level. I have an "Update Inventory" policy set to run on "Network State Change" because we scope things based on IP address etc and need to always have a current IP address. I really don't need thousands of log entries for this policy as long as the "Last Inventory" is current. So right now I just go into that policy every day and flush all.