Jamf Remote Assist Issues

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

Anyone here using the new Jamf Remote Assist?  I’ve gotten it to work a few times but it always fails now saying the cmoputer is not registered.  Then when I click the "Reregstier App button", the installation of the Jamf Remote Assist PPPC Profile always fails.

I realize the feature is in its infancy, but would still like to leverage it.

8 REPLIES 8

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

as per other posts.. tested.. its bobbins.. (other words are available) I'll visit again in 6 months when it works.. 

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I'm not even going to bother trying to test it for a few months. The controls, and monitoring are not anywhere where they need to be for it to be viable. That and JAMF kinda snuck it out the door with minimal documentation. So, ya I'll get to it later. 

bfrench
Contributor III

so many issues so little time - will check it again after an update or 2....

JamfAdmin04
New Contributor

Earlier it was working and now its not connecting and end up with an error "Cannot connect to end user computer. Make sure the computer is online and try again.". Any specific settings to be consider from network side.

obi-k
Valued Contributor II

Checked off the box in Jamf Settings and deployed the profile. Could never remote into another Mac. Believe I got a register error. Sticking with ARD and ScreenSharing.

raymondap
Contributor

Same here, we're excited to hopefully ditch Teamviewer but looks like we need to wait, it doesn't work at the moment.

bmack99
Contributor III

any updates on this? I am hoping to be able to ditch Teamviewer soon as well but am getting the computer is not registered errors after enabling Remote Assist.

Jamf1
New Contributor

What if you manually installed with the pkg Jamf Remote Assist (/Library/Application Support/JAMF/Jamf.app/Contents/MacOS/JamfDaemon.app/Contents/Resources) ?
Can you try on an other network ?